365 Writing Prompts – One Prompt A Day For A Year
365 Writing Prompts Ideas – One Writing Prompt For Each Day of The Year
Are you looking to improve your writing skills this year? How about a daily writing prompt challenge? These 365 writing prompts will get you started, whether you’re writing a song, a book or just wanting exercises to improve your writing skills.
Jump in and start writing on whatever day you come across this article. Have fun and remember there are no rules to writing.
JANUARY WRITING PROMPTS
Get started with these writing prompts.
1. A New Beginning – Being this is your first day, take a song that you love and read the last line of the song. Rewrite the line and turn it into your first line. Let your thoughts go and write as much as you can about the line.
2. Courage – Write about a time that you needed courage.
3. Newspaper – If you have a newspaper handy, tear a piece out and cut out words and phrases. Then create a poem from it. If you don’t have a newspaper, go online and do this with an article and create a poem out of these words.
4. Vulnerable – What makes you or someone else vulnerable.
5. Vacation – Write about your favorite vacation you’ve been on.
6. Mythical Creatures – Unicorns, dragons, mermaids, fairies, werewolf, gnomes, yeti, etc
7. Motion – What is in motion? Movement?
8. Tree – Picture a tree, and write about it. What would it be like to be a tree?
9. Airplane – An airplane travels vast distances across land and sea; it carries people to and from various destinations. How does an airplane see the world and their life?
10. Music – You have come from a place where there is no music and you are hearing it for the first time.
11. Clarity – Reveal a moment when you were able to see clearly, or when something became transparent to you.
12. Surroundings – Use your senses to describe everything that is happening around and within you.
13. Hidden Sounds – Leaves are falling, you hear them rustling. The man is being held down by chains, they are clanking in the background. Tears of a loved one dip on the pic of a lover’s guitar.
14. Job – What is something you hate about your job and what is something you love about it?
15. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY is right around the corner. Hopefully, this will stir some emotion to inspire you to write. Civil rights and freedom for all.
17. Sweet – Sweet what? Sweetheart, sweet potato, he’s sweet, she’s sweet, candy is sweet.
18. Table – Write about a table and all the things that have happened at the table.
19. Risk – What is the risky thing you’ve done.
20. 10 Minute Timer – Either write what is going to happen in 10 minutes or write subconsciously for 10 minutes.
21. Random Pointer Finger – Take your finger, open up a map, and point to the map. Write about the town you pointed to.
22. The 1800s – You live in a village in the 1800s. What does a day in your life look like?
23. Antique – Write about a favorite antique. What is its history? If you don’t have a favorite antique, look at pictures online and try to imagine where it came from and who owned it.
24. Celebrity – Pick a celebrity and write about their life
25. Twirl – He took her dancing on a Friday night.
26. Audience – Stand on a stage. What does it feel like? How does the audience react?
27. Hope – Find the silver lining in your writing. From a negative to a positive.
28. Song – Pick your favorite song and rewrite it!
29. Forgot – Write about something you want to forget about or wish you hadn’t forgotten about.
30. Optimistic – Sell me this feeling.
31. Question – Ask yourself a question about yourself and try to answer it to the best of your ability.
If you have enjoyed these writing prompts help support Lesson Pros by donating.
FEBRUARY WRITING PROMPTS
It’s the second month already. Keep up the good work. We hope you are enjoying these writing prompts.
32. Slavery – Go back in time and read a story about slavery.
33. Viking – Voyagers traveling by ship, seeking the unknown. What do they encounter on their journey? Where does this take them?
34. Gemstone – Pick a gemstone, any gemstone, and write about it.
35. Plant a Garden – What flowers or vegetables are in your garden?
36. Loud – How does loud music make you feel? What about loud sounds or statements?
37. Mailbox – What are you sending or receiving?
38. Y’all – Everybody loves a great song about Texas!
39. Stick Shift – Imagine you driving your dream car.
40. London Fog – Read the story on the London Fog. Write it.
41. Peace of Mind – What gives you peace?
42. Fundraiser – What was the last fundraiser you went to? What was the cause?
43. Wave – Hand, sound, water, light, string, etc. Write about your wave.
44. Parody – Listen to a parody song and write about it or rewrite it.
45. VALENTINE’S DAY – Write about love
46. Stairs – Imagine a staircase, where is it going?
47. Life on Other Planets – Describe what life would look like outside of Earth.
48. Attraction – Write about two lovers that meet for the first time.
49. Youtube – Watch a concert on Youtube and write about the concert, the singer, and the musicians in the band.
50. Mashable – Go to Mashable and read an article. Write to it!
51. Elevator Speech – One to two-minute speech that you can use to pitch to yourself or a product.
52. Camping – Write about a camping experience.
53. Laughter – When was the last time you heard someone laugh? How did it make you feel?
54. Open Book Word – Open up a book and point to a word.
55. Junk – Think of a pile of junk or garbage you have seen. Write about cleaning up the planet.
56. On the House – What is on the house and why?
57. Social Media – Grab a line from social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Whatsapp, or Pinterest) Have that become your title.
58. Slogan from an Ad – Grab a slogan from an ad and put your spin on it.
59. Conversation at a Coffee House – What was the last conversation you overheard at a restaurant or coffee shop.
59a. Leap Year – If it is a leap year, write about what you will do today on the 29th.
MARCH WRITING PROMPTS
60. Famous Person – Pick a famous person and write about them.
61. Homeless – You find yourself in a predicament, you have to give up something you treasure deeply or you are going to lose your home. What will you do?
62. Sparkles – All that shines.
63. Circus – Write about what you see at a circus,
64. Storyteller – Tell a story.
65. Footprints in the Sand – Are you near a beach or do you remember the last time you were near a beach with your toes in the sand?
66. Journal – Let your pen journal whatever pops into your subconscious.
67. Age 18 – Write about an 18-year-old person who has just become an adult.
68. Inspirational Speaker – Write about an inspirational speaker or use one of their quotes.
69. Yacht – Give the Yacht a name and write from the perspective of the yacht sailing the deepest seas
70. Secret – Tell a story about a secret. This can be something from your childhood, the present day, or a secret you made up.
71. Announcement – An announcement of death, life, anniversary, engagement, or baby.
72. Gear – Get the gears turning. What turns your crank?
73. Fictitious Creature – Choose from a movie or TV show and describe them.
74. St. Patrick’s Day – Irish, green, leopards, and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow.
75. Hobby – Write about your favorite hobby.
76. Restricted – Have you ever been in a restricted area?
77. Cooking – Write about your favorite thing to eat or your favorite meal. Is it Hot or Cold?
78. Forgery – What is being forged?
79. Letter – Write a letter to a loved one or a stranger.
80. Treehouse – Build a treehouse in your head and give all the detail about it.
81. Memes – Pick a meme from google and get creative. Have fun with this one!
82. Memory – Think back to the first memory you have ever had.
83. Hero – Write about your musical hero.
84. Fragile – Write about someone fragile and turn them into a strong person in the end.
85. Key – The key to what? Where is it and how do you get to it?
86. Power – Write about someone who has lots of power. Are they using their power for good or bad?
87. Tragic – A tragedy turned into a positive.
88. Clouds – Did you ever find shapes in the clouds when you were a kid or even as an adult? Write about that moment.
89. Gangster – Write about a historical gangster.
90. Envy – Green is the color of Envy.
APRIL WRITING PROMPTS
91. Unique Holiday – Create a card or letter for a unique holiday. Every day there is a holiday going on around the world. If you google, what holidays are today? You should get a list of them.
92. Drunk – Write from the perspective of a drunk.
93. Trading Places – Trade places with someone and write about their life.
94. Desert or Dessert – Write about this phenomenon.
95. Strength – Come from a place of strength.
96. Classified Document – Write about an open or closed case.
97. Deep Breath – Now write whatever comes to your subconscious mind.
98. Transportation – What is your country, state, city, town, or village’s transportation system like? How could it be improved? If you were to run a community, what form of transportation would you have?
99. Survive – What is something you have overcome?
100. Galaxy – Aliens
101. First Love – Write about your first love.
102. Listen – Pick your favorite place, go there and listen and write about what you hear.
103. Road Sign – Write about a street.
104. Thoughts – Write about what you think someone else is thinking.
105. April Shower Bring May Flower – Write about spring
106. Icy Eyes – His icing eyes burned my soul.
107. Number – Pick your favorite number, what will happen in that amount of days?
108. You – What is preventing or holding you back from reaching your best self?
109. Sprinkler – As a kid running through a sprinkler or watching a child running through the sprinkler.
110. Embody an Emotion – This emotion completely consumes you, let it and express it.
111. Inanimate Object – You’re an inanimate object, what are your experiences?
112. Huffington Post – Go to the Huffington Post and read an article. Write about it.
113. Glowing Object – Write about something or someone that glows.
114. Drum Beats – Listen to music with a very present drum beat or bass line and get your groove on and write some about it.
115. Time of Day – Pick your favorite time of day and write about it. What is happening at that time?
116. Let Me Buy You A Drink – Where are you and why are you buying someone a drink?
117. Colorful Painting – Pick the most colorful painting and write about it.
118. Training – Do you know someone who is training for something or are you training for something? What is it and what work goes behind the training?
119. Mount St. Helens – Write about the volcano.
120. Moment – Take a moment in your life that you want to hold on to forever and write it.
Thank you for supporting Lesson Pros!
MAY WRITING PROMPTS
121. Interview – Write an interview to conduct with someone.
122. Universe – What’s out there in the universe?
123. Historical Event – From the perspective of the first person who founded it.
124. Mind Your Own Business – Is someone dabbling in your business. Write about having them mind their own business.
125. Blackjack – 21 the lucky number.
126. Shoes – Look at your feet, are you wearing shoes? What have those shoes gone through? What have they helped you through?
127. Lesson – What was the best lesson you learned from a parent or teacher?
128. Buried Deep – What is buried deep in the ground?
129. Teacher – Pick a favorite teacher from when you were young.
130. Deem Your Impending Death – You are going to die soon, and know when and how. You have a few months left, so how are you going to live your life?
131. Hourglass – Time
132. Onomatopoeia Words – Hiss, Snarl, Sequel, Buzz, Cluck, Tweet, Etc.
133. Hopeful – What gives you hope?
134. Collapse – The collapse of what? Government? A Relationship? A Family? A Job?
135. Neutral – Find the neutral ground. Things could go either way.
136. Smoke – Smoke from a fire or is someone smoking?
137. MEMORIAL DAY is right around the corner. Write about our soldiers.
138. Pen – Write from the perspective of a pen. What is writing? What is the emotion of the pen?
139. Bride – Write about a bride from the groom’s perspective.
140. The crack of Dawn – What is happening at the crack of dawn?
141. Hello! Gracious! Hola! Bonjour!
142. Hotel – Write about your favorite hotel you have stayed at or a hotel you would like to stay at.
143. Seed – Write about a seed. What does it grow into?
144. Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda – Write about one of these.
145. Bulletin – Read a Bulletin or Love Letter – Read a love letter online. Highlight words and phrases then rewrite.
146. Shut the Door – What happens next?
147. Surprise Box – What is in the box?
148. Excuses – What is stopping you from writing?
149. Addiction – Sing from the addiction itself or the person with the addiction.
150. Scrabble Tiles or Letter from the Alphabet – Put scrabble titles or letters from the alphabet in a hat. Pick a letter and write about it.
151. Pocket full of (Blank) – What is in your pocket or what would you like to be in your pocket?
JUNE WRITING PROMPTS
152. Secret – Write about a secret.
153. Mall Shopping – Going to the mall. What is at the mall that you want to see?
154. Good News – What is something that is going right in your life right now?
155. Green – What is green? Is it the color green or eco-friendly green?
156. Uncomfortable – Take time in your life when you were uncomfortable and write how you would handle the situation now.
157. Common – What is something you have in common with someone?
158. Peaceful Setting – Find a peaceful setting and write about peace.
159. Comedian – Grab a line from a comedian and make that your title.
160. Admire – What or who do you admire? Write about it.
161. Ideal Person – Who is your ideal partner, lover, or a companion?
162. Charity – Write about your favorite charity.
163. Stunned – What was the last thing that stunned you? Or what was the last time that you stopped in your tracks in awe or shock?
164. Second Hand – Write about a hand me down or something that you have bought from a second-hand store.
165. Gallery or Museum – Write about an art gallery or museum. Think about a particular piece in the museum and write about the piece.
166. Never will I – Never will I what?
167. Guitar – Write from the perspective of the guitar.
168. Calendar – Pick a month or day of the year and write about it.
169. Chaos – We live in an utterly chaotic world. How do you cope with this chaos?
170. WEDDINGS – June seems to be the month to get married. Write about a wedding.
171. Candy – Desserts, cakes, cookies, baking.
172. Daybreak – What is happening at daybreak?
173. Banister – Write about a banister. Go further and describe the house.
174. Dawn – The new day begins today. How does it start?
175. Submarine – If you were on a submarine dive what would you see?
176. Pirate Ship – Travel across the ocean.
177. Forgive – Being able to forgive someone is a very powerful thing. Write about forgiving someone. The three F’s: #1 – Forgive the other person, #2 – Forgive yourself and #3 Forgive the situation.
178. Bored – For when you are bored next, write some possibilities of things you could do.
179. Art – Write from the perspective of a piece of art. What has that art piece experienced?
180. Spell – Magical, mystical experience. Cast your spell.
181. Map – Open a map and point at it? Write about what you pointed at.
JULY WRITING PROMPTS
182. Poem – Take a favorite poem and rewrite it. If you don’t have a favorite poem, look one up and rewrite it.
183. Character- Who is your favorite character? Write as if you were a charter in a favorite movie or TV show.
184. Poverty or Rich Neighborhood – Think of the poorest town or richest town you’ve been in and write about it.
185. No-Fault – Write about something that wasn’t your fault or was it your fault?
186. Falling Asleep – What is it like to fall asleep?
187. Repeat After Me – What would the words be? You could also use this by repeating something over and over again.
188. Book – Pick your favorite book and use the title to get you started.
189. Grandparents House – Do you remember going to your grandparent’s house? What was it like?
190. Ted Talk – If you were to give a speech about something, what would it be?
191. Wish Upon A Star – What would the wish be?
192. Sit in Silence – Sit in silence for one minute, then write whatever comes into your subconscious.
193. Lost Love – Write about a person who has lost someone close to them.
194. Covered Bridge – Write about a little red single-car coverage bridge.
195. Dreams – What was your last dream about?
196. Wall Art – Pick a favorite piece of wall art, if you don’t have one look at pictures on Google.
197. Symbol – Put meaning behind an object, or take an object that already symbolizes something in your life. Communicate that meaning.
198. Remember – Remember a place that you used to go to that is no longer there. What is the feeling?
199. Control – Write about a controlling situation.
200. AMERICA – Write about America.
201. Riffing Off Complete Opposites – Example falling on the payment as soft as a feather and bubble shattered like glass.
202. Rock N’ Roll – Write about a famous Rock N’ Roll song or artist.
203. Sci-fi – Use future technology.
204. Gathering – Reminisce about a time when you were around a lot of people. What is a festival, fair, concert?
205. Magic – Imagine yourself as someone who has magic and writes spells.
206. Darkness – You find yourself in a place where you cannot see anything. You open your eyes to pure darkness. What happens next?
207. Ladies Tea Party – In the olden days it was very common for ladies to get together for a ladies tea party. Not so sure they happen much anymore these days.
208. Business Meeting – Does your work have business meetings or have you ever watched a TV show that has business meetings? Write about what the meeting is about.
209. Gambling – Write about a gambler. Do they drink and smoke? Are they risking everything every time? Are they winning?
210. Touch – Touch your body, give your hand, leg, or neck a massage. What sensations does your touch make you feel?
211. Winery or Brewery – Write a Winery or Brewery. If you haven’t been to one no worries look one up and learn about it.
Lesson Pros Appreciates Your Support!
AUGUST WRITING PROMPTS
212. Hide – As a kid, where did you hide? Do you hide now? Why?
213. A moment in Time – Write about a moment in your life that things either got much worse or a lot better.
214. 7 Wonders of the World – Pick one of the 7 Wonders of the World and write about it. #1 – The Great Wall of China, China #2 – Chichén Itza, Mexico #3 – Christ The Redeemer, Brazil #4 – Petra, Jordan #5 – Taj Mahal, India #6 – Colosseum, Italy #7 – Machu Picchu
215. Blonde – Write about a person who has blonde hair.
216. Racecar – What would it feel like to be in the driver’s seat?
217. Eyes Meet – What happens when their eyes meet?
218. Homeless Person – Imagine you are homeless. Write the story of your life.
219. Dance – Get up and shake your booty for 30 seconds, now write the feeling.
220. Sharing – What is something that you have never shared with someone else? And vise versa, what is something that you have always shared with someone else?
221. Video Game – What is your favorite game? Take the character outside of that game and put them into a new situation.
222. Rainbow – Choose a color from the rainbow and write about it.
223. Room Divider – What’s on the other side?
224. Casino – You are the owner of a casino. You are at a casino. What are you doing, seeing, smelling, tasting, feeling, hearing?
225. Opposition – Write both sides of an argument. How do these oppositions foil each other?
226. Mystery – You are a detective trying to solve a mystery.
227. Launch – Where is the spaceship going?
228. Incorporate a Name – Pick a name and incorporate it.
229. SUMMERTIME – Write about summer and the beach from when you were a child.
230. Childhood Memories – As a child, what is something you enjoyed doing? Remember how that felt. Good or Bad.
231. Eviction – Imagine a person who has been evicted from their home.
232. Amusement Park – From the perspective of someone a decade younger or older than you, write their encounter at an amusement park.
233. Vices – Do you have any vices? If so, what are they?
234. Experience from Pain – Write down an experience that you have had that has caused you pain. Then put that experience in an old book and donate it or post it anonymously online to a supportive platform.
235. Rewrite – Look back at one of your previous writing prompt responses, and rewrite something from your words.
236. Pain – What is a time where you have been hurt physically or emotionally? Share this with someone.
237. Board Game – Choose board games and write about what you think the game is really about or change it to what you would like it to be about.
238. Peppermint – What does peppermint remind you of?
239. Future 2050 – What is happening in 2050?
240. Fact – Write about a fact that has impacted your life.
241. Ballad – Study a ballad and write about it.
242. Tunnel – Where does the tunnel lead to?
243. Estranged – Do you have a person that you have not talked to or seen? Maybe things ended poorly, or life got in the way of your relationship. Write about them. Tell me what happened.
SEPTEMBER WRITING PROMPTS
244. Outer Space – What would it be like to live out of this world?
245. Presents – Remember the last time you received a gift from someone.
246. Internet – Social Media. Write about your feelings on social media or even the opposite. Go back to a time when we didn’t have social media.
247. Cat – Write about a cat. Black or White, nice or mean, etc.
248. Dream Home – What does it look like? Where is it? What makes your dream house unique to you? What is the story behind it?
249. Garage – What’s in the garage?
250. Thankful – What are you thankful for?
251. Games – What kind of games do you play? What is your favorite sport?
252. Happy – Write a song about being happy.
253. Courage – What is something you haven’t dared to do? Write about it!
254. Team – Have you ever been a part of a team? What was that like?
255. Future Self – What would you tell your future self?
256. Pandora, Spotify, or Youtube – Search for a random song that you’ve never heard before, What are the feelings and emotions?
257. AUTUMN – Get comfy, settle in with a nice cup of hot cocoa, tea or coffee, and write.
258. Animals – What are your thoughts on animals? Have you always thought this way? How might someone else think differently than you? Can you empathize with them?
259. Box of Memories – Have you ever been told about a box of memories? Do you have one? Do your parents or grandparents have one?
260. Argument – Picture an argument. What are the people arguing about? How do they resolve it?
261. Worn Out Hands – What did they do?
262. Connecting the Wires – Connection between two points. Where does it stop and start?
263. Country – Write about a country you would like to visit someday and then seriously figure out a way you can go to the country!!!
264. Vibes – Think of a time where you had good vibes. Was it in a coffee house? Was it someone you were around?
265. Lost – Is he or she lost? Are you lost? Where?
266. Fear – What do you fear most?
267. Passion – Write about a passionate day and night.
268. Adjective Noun – Write a poem or song that continues to come back to the same adjective noun.
269. Smell – What smell brings you the most amount of joy? Describe it.
270. Sea – A wild adventure on the sea.
271. Word of The Day – Pick the word of the day and write about it.
272. Abandoned Old House – Include all your senses: (touch, taste, smell, hear, see)
273. Self Actualization – Picture yourself accomplishing all of your dreams and goals. Write who you are now.
OCTOBER WRITING PROMPTS
274. Moving Fast – When have you moved that fastest in your life? This could be in a physical sense like bike, car, plane, etc, or feeling in constant movement with your job and/or life. Describe this feeling of acceleration and speed.
275. Finish Line – Coming to the end of something great. What is it?
276. Trip – Take a trip and see where it takes you? Where would you go?
277. Cupboard – What’s in the cupboard?
278. Language – Come up with your language.
279. Inventor – Try to invent something, or come up with an idea for an invention.
280. Shapes – Pick a shape and write about it. Circle, Square, Rectangle, Triangle, Hexagon, etc.
281. Invisible – If you were invisible what would you do?
282. Date – A date in the future or going on a date.
283. Broadway – What happens on Broadway?
284. Opposites – Here are some examples: different and the same, cold and hot, devil and angel.
285. Twisted – Write about the twisted road of life. There are some hairpin turns too.
286. Soul Mate – Who is your soul mate? What are they like? Have you met them yet?
287. Park – Go to a park and sit for a while. Write about your experience.
288. The couple – Pick your favorite couple and write a love story about your favorite couple.
289. Halloween – Write something spooky or with Halloween creatures.
290. Give – Write about one of the most giving people you know.
291. Poetry Books – Write down titles of poetry books and see what you come up with.
292. Romance – What is the most romantic night you have had or heard about?
293. Blessing – Write about a blessing in your life.
294. Broken Promises – Have you ever broken a promise? Has someone broken a promise to you?
295. Sprinting – Imagine a person running away. What are they running from?
296. Life Clutter – What is something that actively makes your life worse or harder. Is there any way you can remove this from your life? If you can, you should try to do this.
297. Fighting – Two people are fighting and you are in the middle of it.
298. Protest – Write about a protest or something you might protest yourself.
299. Sentence – Grab a sentence from a book and rewrite it.
300. An Old Fire Station – What did it look like? What was the feel of the station?
301. Focus – What does it mean to focus?
302. Your Body – Take a breath and feel your body. Write about what is happening in your body.
303. Present Self – What do you tell yourself now?
304. Prison – Do some research on a prisoner and write about what happened.
Thank you for encouraging us to keep writing! We appreciate each and every one of you for being here.
NOVEMBER WRITING PROMPTS
305. Picture – Go out and take a picture of something, then write about the picture.
306. Bakery – Sweets and Treats. Write about your favorite bakery.
307. Train – There aren’t enough train songs. Pick a train song and rewrite it.
308. Create a Character – Come up with their life story, what experiences have shaped them into who they are today?
309. Favorite Item – Write about your favorite thing in the whole world.
310. Quote – Lookup a quote and write about it.
311. First Crush – When did you first realize that you had a crush on someone.
312. Past Self – What would your past self say to you today?
313. River – Write about your favorite river, creek, or stream
314. Coffee House – Go to a coffee house if you can and write about a conversation someone is having.
315. Predator – From the perspective of another animal. Seeing through the eyes of a predator.
316. Mountain – Imagine standing on top of a mountain. Use all your senses.
317. Party – Write about your favorite party or a party you would like to be invited to.
318. Guilty Pleasure – What is it and what is the best part about it?
319. Roommate – Write from the perspective of someone you are living with. If you live alone, write from your neighbor’s perspective.
320. Thanksgiving – Write about what you are thankful for.
321. Writing Prompt – Write your writing prompt for today.
322. Truth and Lie – Start your song with something you think to be true but ends up being a lie.
323. Betrayal – Describe emotional turmoil.
324. Stained Glass Piece – Look up pictures of stained glass windows and get inspiration to write.
325. Time Limit – If you could do anything for only two weeks, what would it be?
326. Silly Song – Listen to a silly song, laugh, and write your ideas about it.
327. Expert – Take something that you know very well and reproduce it.
328. Sacrifice – read about a sacrifice and write it.
329. Motivational Quote – Pick a motivational quote and write about it.
330. Purpose – What is your purpose in life? How is it similar and different from someone else’s?
331. Alone – What does the word alone mean to you?
332. Verb – Grab any verb and use it today
333. Just a Day – Think about everything that you do in a day. Write out the details, from the moment you wake up until you fall asleep.
334. Bring to Light – A discovery.
DECEMBER WRITING PROMPTS
335. Pastime – Write a poem or song from a different time era. Try to add in some words from that time.
336. Image Online – In google search the word beautiful, pick an image, and write about it.
337. Manner Words – Excuse me, please, thank you, I’m sorry, good-bye, you’re welcome to name a few. It doesn’t have to be one of these.
338. Magazine – Grab a bunch of old magazines and cut out the headlines, put them in a hat. Pull one out and write your first line about the headline. Pull another one out and write the second line about it, etc. This is a great exercise.
339. Lonesome – Get down and lonely. Think of a time when you were alone, how did that make you feel?
340. Desire – What is it that you desire? Bring the fancy to life in your writing.
341. Script – Think of a long-ago script and the calligraphy pen that was used to write the script. What is the script about?
342. New Sties – Imagine that you have never been to a big city before and are seeing one for the first time.
343. Good Vibes – Send good vibes to someone else. How are you gonna do that?
344. Boat – Where is it sailing to? Is anyone on the boat?
345. Science – Cast together or pour together.
346. Crescent Moon – Write about the crescent moon.
347. Creation – How was the universe created?
348. Injured – Describe a time when you were injured.
349. Alarm – What happens when the alarm goes off?
350. Holidays – Write about the Holiday you celebrate.
351. Ant Size – You are an ant, describe one object that you see. As you are an ant, what do you think a human’s life is like?
352. Capable of Destruction – What fits this description?
353. Color – Describe a color in depth.
354. Excoriate – In what ways do you criticize yourself?
355. Existential – Do we truly exist?
356. Item – Choose an item that is constantly with you, whether it is your phone, a book, a water bottle, a ring, etc, and write about what it sees in a day.
357. Life Events – Anything sad, happy, or whimsical that happens in everyone’s life.
358. Scared – Write about a moment where you were most afraid.
359. Stress – What brings you the most amount of stress? Is there any way for you to eliminate or minimize it?
360. Super Star – What would it be like to be a superstar?
361. Trait – What is a trait that you are thankful for? What is a trait that you wish you had?
362. Wonder – Give me this feeling.
363. You are the builder and creator of a new place. How would you construct and design this city? What aspects would have to be a part of your city? Money is not an issue in this place, nor are you required to do the heavy lifting if you so choose.
364. Wise – Advice from a wise person.
365. You Did It – What was your experience doing these writing prompts? What did you learn throughout this year? Write about how you are going to celebrate your accomplishments.
Well, that about covers this article 365 Days in a Year to write – writing prompts. Here’s to a happy and healthy new year!
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!!
Writing every day will improve their skills. Figure out what time of the day you can write and do it! Our pro tip is this: If you happen to miss a day, don’t beat yourself up. Get back on the horse, as they say. You got this!!!
QUESTION OF THE DAY
What other writing prompts have you been inspired by? Feel free to share your ideas with the Lesson Pros community.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MAY ENJOY FROM LESSON PROS
#1 – Gifts for Musicians – 221+ ideas – Find The Perfect Unique Gift for Your Music Lover
#2 – How To Make Your Private Lessons Go Better
#3 – 16 Tip How To Make Your Practice Sessions Better
#4 – What’s in your Instrument Case?
© Lesson Pros. All Rights Reserved.
No publication or commercial use of the content is permitted without the prior written permission of Lesson Pros.